Monday, April 19, 2010

Honored and Humbled

Last week was filled with random but very important tasks. I applied for health insurance, worked on my finance stuff, and applied for my VISA. It took me FOREVER to figure out the paper because the directions made no sense. I finally called up to the Embassy in DC to figure out what the heck was going on. Then, I gathered a million documents and copies to ship off so I can legally enter the country. I mailed it via FedEx. Oh my goodness, the store was dysfunctional and it took at hour to mail off a package. Lets hope and pray it actually gets there.

I am honored and humbled that a Sunday School class at Duluth UMC is giving me a very nice gift towards my trip. The really exciting thing is that I didnt even ask for it! I was so happy that I started crying when I found out about it. They are truly generous people. I am so humbled by how willing people are to give for Christ.

I "officially" told all my youth and their parents this past week. That was tough. I wanted them to realize how much I truly loved them. Im not leaving forever so it will be a blessing to only say "goodbye" for two months. They have embraced me and want to know what supplies they can send over. I am collecting t-shirts to bring. I am going to try and coordinate a "McKendree UMC t-shirt day" and have all the children in Africa and everyone in McKendree wear their shirts on the same day.

The pastor that directs the orphanage is amazing. He is a true blessing.

I cant wait to meet all the children! That is what I am most looking forward to. I hope they teach me cool African songs!

Cool quote I read the other day : "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."


No comments:

Post a Comment