Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Emotions and Jesus

These past few weeks have brought every kind of emotion. I have been joyful, sad, homesick, worried, scared about going to a new place, lonely, happy, and excited. I cant believe that I have completed ¼ of my adventure! CRAZY! There have been moments that 2 months seems like a long time. I am getting a little bit worn down of the amount of poverty. I am only one person and I know I can only do so much in my time while I am here. I am also missing certain parts of American life – the food, hot water, and clean drinking water. It seems that every time I start feeling sad, one of the children does something that makes me realize why I am here and I say “Thank you Jesus for pointing that out to me!” One day I was feeling sad about being gone from my life in America for so long and one of the children asked me to read them a certain Bible verse. It was exactly what I needed to hear in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment