Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Shoes

I experienced total Joy today.

Bernard asked me if I had any extra money to help buy shoes for three of the children who had no shoes for school. I gave him money so the children could go buy their shoes. I have taken pictures of many of the children's shoes and will post when I get home. The children's shoes are old and falling apart. Most have 2 or 3 pairs.

Hannel is the sweetest boy and SO smart. He writes me stories and loves to do long division. He loves to pray and reads the Bible more than any other person I know. He went today and bought his new shoes with Bernard. I have NEVER seen a child smile so big. He was so proud of his new shoes and showed them to me with such joy. He said they were the perfect size for him and that he was going to take good care of them. He did not know that I was the one that paid for his shoes. I was so happy that I could do this for him. It was greater than any Christmas present I have ever been given. God totally blessed me today by Hannel's new shoes.

If you are interested in buying shoes (or anything else!) for the children, email me at ashleysfitzpatrick@gmail.com and I will give you all the information. They need anything and everything!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ashley, I cannot even imagine how your heart must feel! You blessed three children and in turn look what God gave you - JOY! I admire you for the work you are doing and for having a heart that is willing to help "the least of these". May God continue to bless your time there with those very special 35 children. Love you!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing such wonderful work. Love you Dad

    ReplyDelete